Research and Outreach
- Prairie Strips Interdisciplinary Team Link Here
Drone view by Omar de Kok Mercado of the prairie strips team at flowering time.
Dr. Grudens Schuck demonstrating PEWI at a science teachers conference
- AgEdS 414: Developing Agricultural Education Programs in Non-Formal Settings
Basic concepts in planning, conducting, and evaluating educational programs in non-formal settings. Includes programming for youth and adults in Extension, agricultural industry, and related agencies.
- AgEdS 524: Program Development and Evaluation in Agricultural and Extension Education
Theories and practice of program planning for nonformal education. Addresses use of program logic modeling and considers critical theories of planning to address power and interests in program development, needs assessment, and evaluation.
- AgEdS 568x: Qualitative Interviews and Analysis
Understanding the role of interviews in agricultural education research, basis for theory of meaning, and variations of interview technique among qualitative traditions. Development of facilitation technique for individual interviews; and focus groups. Transcription and basic qualitative analysis. Use of interview findings to prepare manuscripts.
University, College and Departmental Roles
- Director of Graduate Education, and Director of Certificates
- Chair, Governance Documents Committee
- Chair, Graduate Admissions Committee
- Department Liaison, University Student Accessibility Services
- Departmental Liaison, University Parks Library