Field Experiences provide students an opportunity for experiential learning in the setting of their choice. There are several different opportunity within the Department of Agricultural Education and Studies for students to have these non-classroom experiences. It is important to know that students earn academic credit by completing self assessments, developing competencies, creating presentations and other academic work in connection with their experience. Credit is not earned simply by having a work experience.
Policies, procedures and instructors differ for each section.
Agriculture and Life Sciences Education - Teacher Certification
- AgEdS 116 Initial Field Experience Instructor: Dr. Mike Retallick
- AgEdS 211A High School Agriculture Programs Instructor: Mr. Nate Dobbels Additional information
- AgEdS 416 Pre-Student Teaching Experience in Agricultural Education. Instructor: Dr. Scott Smalley
- AgEdS 417 Supervised Teaching in Agricultural Education Programs. Instructor: Dr. Scott Smalley
Agriculture and Life Sciences Education - Communications
- AgEdS 211C Agricultural Industries and Agencies. Instructor: Mr. Nate Dobbels Course handbook
- AgEdS 412 Section SQ Internship in Agricultural Education and Studies. Instructor: Dr. Shuyang Qu Course manual (pdf), student contract (docx).
- AgEdS 211C Agricultural Industries and Agencies. Instructor: Mr. Nate Dobbels Course handbook (pdf)
- AgEdS 412 Section BC Internship in Agricultural Education and Studies. Instructor: Mr. Ben Chamberlain